Friday, September 18, 2009

stampers group meeting

My stampers meeting was a little off yesterday.. We were supposed to meet in the evening, but sense my oldest boy had a home football game (they WON) we meet during the day. Bad thing about that is that meant there was only 3 of us, good thing is that they got lots of extra goodies from me!
We made this super cute basket, I got the idea, instructions and everything for this from Becky over at Inking Idaho. She is the greatest and always has wonderful Ideas! The only thing I did different was I used 6 ovals for each pumpkin. I made the pumpkin, used a piece of Close to cocoa for the stem, and attached it to the front of the pumpkin. Then I added one more oval, this way the pumpkin looks good from all sides and it gives it a little more depth.

The next thing we made was a card using the sweet centers stamp set from the mini catalog. I basically did the same card as Mike Funke . I used Tasty sweet 111698 $19.95 for this card. I stamped the candy corn randomly over the whole front, and I embossed it in white on the back of the black tag ( see pic below) I love this set! I just love how this turned out!

For our final card we made this cute little guy, I was a total card caser this week! But Hey why reinvent the wheel (or card) when someone already has made a perfect one??? So I got this idea from Lori Ames , she said she got it from someone else.... you know! anyway For this card I used Lovely lilac and Green Galore. I cut the lovely lilac 4 1/4 x 2 3/4 and then used my scissors to make that great hair do! For the eyes and nose use the 1 inch circle punch and punch out 2 Green Galore and 2 white circles. Cut both Green Galore circle's in half and sponge with Green Galore classic ink. Use the 3/4 inch circle punch for the black. Stamp Friend. Good. ( from the stamp set Smarty pants) in Lovely lilac on Franks head ( I have always wanted a reason to use that stamp!!) now assemble your monster. Once assembled you will need to make his mouth and scar. I used a Basic black stampin write marker, the bold tip for the mouth and scar and the thin tip for the stitches. Also you will want to use the Singlo pen for a highlight on his pupils.

Thanks so much for stoping by!
Jennifer Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment