Sunday, January 10, 2010

Project Mondays #2

I can hardly believe that it is already the second week in 2010! And I have been pretty good at keeping up with my resolutions so far! But as you can see I have a way to go to get all the way there!!




This weeks project is still in line with my new organization kick! For this project I made 4 clip boards using the new Chalk Board vinyl from Stampin' Up! and designer paper from the Sweet Pea the paper pad ( my new favorite!)


I knew this would be a trial and error type of project... nothing ever goes the way you have it planned in your head!

To start off you will need a clip board like this one ( it is 12 1/2 x 9 1/4 inches)




please don't ask where I got them... I have had them for at least 3 years..But I bet I got them at the Dollar store.
You will need to make a template for the top like this one below.

I just used a piece of plan typing paper for this step. Cut it out and make sure it is a good fit!

Then you will need to trace it onto your piece of Designer paper. I had DSP pre-cut 6 x 9 1/4. carefully cut on your pencil lines.

Then use your Modge Podge and coat the top half of your clip board. Carefully place your DSP and rub all the bubbles out. Once it is dry, trim away the excess paper from the corners and edges. Then brush on a thin layer of Modge Podge over the top, be sure the get the edges too!

While this is drying you will want to cut out your Chalk Board. I cut mine 7 1/2 x 9 1/4. Also I used 2 strips of cork board, cut these 2 x 9 1/4 . I cut out my letters using the Bigz Alphabet Simple letters ( I knew I need this die for something!!) For the board here I used Chocolate Chip card stock.
Place the Chalk board onto the bottom of the clip board, smooth it out carefully! Then modge podge your letters into place.

I tried to modge podge the cork, that doesn't work! so I had to wait for that to dry so I could try something else! I first stapled the 2 strips together, then I used sticky strip to attach it to the clip board, covering my seam from the chalk board. Edit-That didn't work, well it stuck, BUT if you want to actually use it, its not so good. SO I ended up stapling the first piece of cork to the clip board about 5 different spots, then I glued the top piece to the bottom one and stapled on just the outside edge. That seems to be holding for now!

If I had a girl I would add some cute flowers or something to dress it up, but sense this is for one of my 4 boys I will leave it as is!



The final result I like! not sure how my kids will like me leaving them notes about chores, but I am sure that they will get over it!





Thanks for stopping by don't forget to tell me what you think!



Jennifer Jones

4 comments:

  1. I like your project. But where did you get the chalk board?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just ADORABLE Jennifer! I will be casing this! Thank you for the GREAT directions!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to see a masculine project once in a while and yours was really nice!

    ReplyDelete