Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Funky Folds Class- Tri-Shutter card

I know it has been awhile sense my last post. As I told you last time, I have been suffering from stampers block, but good news.... I think I got my MOJO back!! (in part even by the MOJO challenges!)
So here it is this weeks Funky fold class, Tri-shutter cards. I wasn't sure that I could make to totally different types of the same fold, so we just made 2 different cards.
Card One uses Bouquet Bunch (clear item #120039 $10.95 or wood item # 118529 $13.95) a new stamp set from the Stampin' Up! Summer mini catalog (pg 21) It is a set that I almost didn't even see! But is my FAV!
For this card we use Old Olive cs for the base, Rich Razzleberry cs (layers) and Cottage Wall DSP ( #115671 $9.95) I used the Scallop circle #2 die from Sizzix (old olive) and the Circle Scissor Plus ( #112530 $ 29.95) this was the first time I use the Circle Scissor Plus in class... SO EASY to use!! Just don't for get you need the glass mat (#112531 $19.95)

Even though I was using the clear mount set, I did use my Stamp -a-ma-jig. I have been using this alot lately! I stamped all the images in Basic Gray, and used markers to color,Pale Plum, Rich Razzleberry Old Olive and So Saffron and then blended with a Blender pen ( a must have!!)
For card Two it was basically the same card, but we used DSP from the occasions mini which is not longer available but I LOVE this paper pad. You can get it for your MDS as a download YEAH!
For the stamp set I used Watercolor Trio from the Summer Mini catalog (pg 16 clear item # 120084 $16.95) I stamped the leafy image with Taken with Teal, and used the markers to color the flower image. Rose Red, So Saffron and Taken with Teal. I stamped off several times with each image to get generation stamped images.
Also used on this card was the Beautiful Wings embosslet ( #118138 $ 11.95) and the Eyelet border punch.


I watched the video that Beate Johns had on Splitcoast stampers she has the best tutorials! I paper pierced the circle using her little trick, line up the line of the template ( from the mat pack) with the edge of the shape you are piercing. With the paper piercer still in the template slightly twist the template so that the line above the next hole to be pierced is on the edge of the shape. Keep doing this all the way around your shape. This way you can pierce any shape and have them evenly spaced! Check out the video.







Okay so now that you have seen them,I know you want to make one too!
Here are the simple directions for more detailed one check out Splitcoast stampers (which is where I got them from!)
card base 12 x 5 1/2
score at 2, 4, 8, 10
turn and line up at 1 1/2 inches then cut from the 10 score line down to the 2 inch score line
move to the 4inch mark and cut again from the 10 to the 2 inch score line.
Mountain valley fold all score lines, then take the center and fold opposite.
then layer each piece as desired!
Have fun making your own, and if you in Florence come check out one of my classes!
Jennifer Jones









No comments:

Post a Comment